Two months ago I purchased the book Q&A a day. I believe my sister got it for her birthday and she loves it. Every day you have to answer one question – for five years of your life. It’s a five year diary, but instead of writing what happened that day you answer a different question every day. It’s simple and fun. (You should all get it!)
Yesterday the question got me thinking.
If you could go back in time and change something, what would it be?
It was hard to think of a good answer, because if you really had the possibility, what would you change? In the end I realized I didn’t want to change anything. (I know, that’s the lamest answer ever.) I kinda like my life the way it is. What I did realize is that if I had the change to talk to my younger self (Charlotte, you’re twenty years old. For God’s sake, you’re still young!), I would have some advice that could keep me from doing some pretty stupid things. So, this Tuesday I have 10 different pieces of advice for my younger self, (but really it’s mostly for you!)
Dear younger me,
- Just because someone dares you to do something, doesn’t mean you should do it.
- It’s never a good idea to run in flip-flops.
- Never wear clothes you don’t feel comfortable in. Even the prettiest dress will look like an ugly thing if you don’t wear it with some confidence. Just choose something that you like and you’ll feel beautiful. That’s a promise.
- Menstrual cramps won’t kill you, even though it feels like it will. Take some Advil!
- Surfing isn’t your type of sport.
- Teachers are people, too.
- It’s okay to sometimes say no.
- Your parents know what they’re talking about. So listen once in a while.
- People can change. So can friends!
- There’s a time and place for everything, just make sure that both the time and place are right.
Just think about it! What would you tell your younger self?
Have a nice Tuesday.